The Users tab allows monitoring of Exchange account access for all staff members in Coconut Calendar. An Administrator in Coconut Software is able to view delegate permission status, as well as errors encountered when checking permissions.
When you first visit the Users tab, there are two main areas:
- Quick Filters, which allow you to filter table results based on user permission status;
- The User Table, which allows you to view details regarding individual events that have synced/attempted to sync with Exchange.
Above the Quick Filters, you will also see how long it has been since permission statuses were last checked, as well as an option to Refresh All statuses, and Refresh Failed statuses (if any are present).
Using Quick Filters makes it easy to view the data you want, especially when diagnosing errors and warnings. The more filters you apply, the more narrowly segmented the data is returned. The only Quick Filters available for the Users tab at this time are Status Filters.
Status Filters offer you an at-a-glance count of the number of users that fall under each category of permission status:
- Syncing: Users in this category have the correct permissions set up between Coconut and Exchange, and events will sync on their calendars.
- Warnings: Users in this category are missing key data (either in Coconut or Exchange), and as such events will not sync between their calendars.
- Errors: Users in this category do not have the correct permissions enabled for the Service Account, or encountered another error when retrieving permissions. Events are not likely to sync between their calendars.
When a specific Status Quick Filter is applied, its background will change colour to indicate your choice - simply click the filter you wish to apply. Only a single Status Quick Filter may be applied at a time.
Counts indicated on the filters will change based on any filters currently selected, including other Status Filters.
The User Table displays all active users that exist in Coconut, and their current permission status. Users are grouped by the status returned from the Service Account permission checks, and then listed alphabetically (by last name) within each of the status categories.
Categories are displayed in the following order:
If a user is not part of the Syncing category, a View button will appear. Clicking this will open a drawer displaying more information about their permissions status.
The syncing details drawer will display the Warning or Error received from Exchange, as well as our determined cause of the issue.
From here, you may also click the Help link to access the Sync Statuses document in our Help Centre. To attempt to re-fetch the user’s permissions (if steps have been taken to resolve the issue), click the Refresh link.
Filtering the User Table
On the far right of the User Table is the Filters button. Clicking this opens up new options to filter results in the User Table.
The User filter allows results to filter based on the staff the event belongs to. Any user available to your Coconut instance, both active and archived, will appear when searched.
The Status filter allows results to filter based on the current permission status category users may fall into. This filter is also applied when clicking on the Status cards above the Event Table; however, multiple statuses may be selected from this view.
You can see the number of filters applied to the Event Table as an indicator on the Filters button.