Staff members are set up to offer Services to clients at Locations in which they work, and these configurations provide the foundation of the Coconut online booking process.
On this page:
- View staff accounts
- Create new staff account
- Edit staff accounts
- Assign services to the staff
- Archive staff accounts
- Unarchive staff accounts
View staff accounts
Only staff members with Admin or Manager role will have access to view and make changes to staff profiles. Click Staff in the side navigation to access the staff manage page.
You can view, edit, archive, and unarchive existing staff members, or create new staff members from this page. By default, active staff accounts are displayed. To see archived staff click on the Archived button in the top left-hand corner above the table.
Search for staff
It is possible to search for a specific staff member by their full name, first name, last name or email. To find a staff start typing the search term in the Search box in the top right-hand corner above the table.
Note: if you cannot find the staff account in the active list, try searching it in Archived.
Create new staff account
To create a new staff member click Add and enter their basic account information.
- First and Last name
- Email address: when provided with Send Account Invite option enabled, an Account Created email will be sent to the new staff member with a link to set their password.
- BCC: when provided, this email address is included in the system notifications being sent to the staff.
- Cell phone number: used for notifying staff about checked in clients.
- Job title: when added to staff profiles, it will be shown on the Contact Centre and Modern Client View staff lists
- Username: used to access the application after they have set their password; automatically pre-populates to first letter of first name, and last name when first and last name are entered
Next step is to set up staff account with additional preferences:
- Preferred Language: determines the default language used in the application
- Supported Languages: specifies the languages that this specific staff member is able to speak when meeting with clients. Clients will see the supported languages in the client view when selecting the staff member for the appointment.
- Daily Limit: sets the maximum number of appointments the staff member is able to take during a day
- Visibility: controls if the staff member is available for booking in the client view:
- Public: staff is available for booking in the client view.
- Private: clients cannot book with private staff in the client view.
- Invite-Only: clients can book with invite-only staff with a given booking shortcut only.
- Role: assign different roles to staff to allow different permissions
- Preferred timezone: if selected, times in the application are shown in the staff member's preferred time zone.
- Slug: used in Booking Shortcuts to reference staff member in a human-readable format.
- External ID: unique value used to identify the user from a system outside of the Coconut application.
- Virtual Meeting Information: if provided, this information will be included in the email notifications when either location is Virtual or service destination is Remote.
Staff are able to set their own preferences for meeting methods.
Note: hover on the icon in the application to see more details about the field.
Edit staff accounts
To make changes to the staff account, navigate to Staff > Profile, edit the required information and Save.
Assign services to the staff
To make staff available for booking, they need to be assigned to the services at the locations they work.
To assign services to the staff member navigate to Staff > Assignments. In the opened window, select the locations to be assigned for the staff member. Click on the location name in the Assigned Locations list to choose the services for that location.
To remove services assignments from the staff profile, navigate to the same form, unselect required service(s) and save changes.
Note: when editing staff assignments, it may affect existing appointments that are scheduled for this staff member with services and locations originally assigned to them. This is why it is highly recommended, that those appointments are reviewed and readjusted manually before making changes to staff assignments.
Archive staff accounts
You may need to deactivate a staff account at some point. Once the staff account has been archived, their access to Coconut is revoked.
Also, when archived, staff is no longer available for booking. All future appointments that were scheduled with the now archived staff will be found under Unassigned filter on the schedule view. This way appointments can be rescheduled with active staff members.
To archive staff click on (More button) and select Archive option. Then, if there are any future scheduled appointments, system will notify user that those will become Unassigned as a result of archiving. When user confirms the dialogue, staff account becomes deactivated.
Unarchive staff accounts
If you need to reactivate the staff account which has been archived by accident, you can easily unarchive it. When unarchived, all services and location assignments will take effect immediately.
To unarchive a staff account simply navigate to Staff > Archived and find the staff profile, then click Unarchive.