Roles within Coconut are important when assigning a staff user access to your account. There are 6 levels of role access that determines a user's capabilities with the tool.
This summary provides an insight to what the various role levels are and also provides a better guide on the available functionalities for each role. This guide will help you in determining what role level you should to assign to a user.
- An Administrator is the user with the highest level of unfiltered access.
They have access and visibility to all locations, schedules, staff, clients and reports.
- An Administrator can create any type of user, including other administrators.
- An administrator manages all decisions that impact the business and customer experience within the system.
- An Administrator can see everything on the platform.
- A Manager is the individual responsible for their assigned location(s) and directly supports the front-line staff.
- A Manager is limited to viewing the locations and staff they support but they can create new Staff and Manager users as well as pull reports on all appointments, staff, locations, and services.
- A Manager can view all clients that have had an appointment at any location that they are assigned to.
Note: There is a feature where, if enabled, Managers will be able to view all staff. In order to enable this feature, please contact our Support team to turn on this feature for your account. They can be reached at email@example.com.
- As a Staff Advanced user you can view and edit other users as well as schedule appointments at your assigned locations.
- A Staff Advanced user can view all clients that have had an appointment at any location that they are assigned to.
- As a Staff Plus user you can view other users' schedules at your assigned locations but you cannot edit/manage any appointments except your own.
- As a Staff user you can only view your own schedule and manage your own appointments.
- As a Call Centre user, you will only have access to the Call Centre Booking Tool to schedule and manage appointments on behalf of clients.
- Kiosk users can log into the Kiosk App which is used in combination with Lobby Management to serve Walk in clients. To learn more about Lobby Management and our Kiosk App click on this link to be redirected to the Lobby Management Section.